So far in my little experiment, I’ve really only been bicycling between home and work, which isn’t really a big change for me except that it’s my only option now. However, because I’m now completely reliant on the bicycle to get me around, I have been attempting to make myself absolutely prepared for as many problems as possible. I’m glad I did, since yesterday I had a nasty multiple puncture flat which thanks to equipment and planning was easily handled. In light of this and because for some reason I’m personally always fascinated by “what’s in my bag” posts, here are my commuting bag contents:
From left to right:
- Kryptonite U-Lock and Cable
- Cateye Strada Cadence Cycling Computer
- Niterider MiNewt 600 Cordless Headlight
- PlanetBike Superflash Taillight
- Tool bag
- Topeak Road Morph Pump
- Two spare tubes
- Park Tool Multi-Tool
- Tire Levers
- IPad (excellent light weight replacement to hauling around a laptop)
- Rocket Shower and washcloth
- Lunch and Dinner carried in a ice cooled lunch bag.
- Work clothing
- All of this goes is my excellent and highly recommended Arkel Commuter pannier.