The Oklahoma Freewheel has announced the registration fees for this year’s ride which will start at $295 for an adult (from $175 last year) and $195 for riders under 24 (up from $100 for riders under 15 last year). They list the benefits for the price increases as follows:
One of our first steps is to make FreeWheel THE premier bicycle tour in the country. The better our event and the more people we can bring to our host communities, the more everyone wins. A key way to do this is through awarding grants to our host communities to make their towns more bicycle friendly so they can continue to attract cyclists long after our ride in June is over.
Based on your feedback we are also making some big improvements to FreeWheel 2013. Here are some of the changes you will see:
- Upgraded shower truck.
- T-shirt included in registration fees for all week and half week riders.
- Youth designation (and price) expanded to include young adults up to age 24.
- Option of registering for and riding in a single stage.
- “Teams” composed of groups of 5 or more may register for a full week at a discounted price.
- An on-line only registration process for your convenience. Registration will be online ONLY, but there will be no additional credit card processing fees.
- FreeWheel “scholarships” to be awarded to up to 5 lucky participants.
- A new and improved website (to be unveiled at the route announcement).
- More and better signage.
- Helpers to load luggage onto the semi-truck in the morning.
The Oklahoma Freewheel route announcement will be tomorrow at 6:30 PM at Joe Mamma’s Pizza in Tulsa.