I reported last year about 14-year-old Luke Nefus’ unique 5-Line Ride up in the Oklahoma Panhandle where, if you take on the longest ride, you’ll touch 5 states in one day while raising monies for Livestrong. Well, thankfully, he is doing it again this year, September 20 – 22nd, and early registration is now open.
The following distances will be available this year:
- 120 Miles, the full distance which touches 5 states (CO, NM, OK, TX and KS).
- 95 Miles, touches 4 states(CO, NM, OK and TX)
- 60 Miles, the Santa Fe Trail Route, touches 3 states (CO, NM and OK)
- 40 Miles, touches 3 states (CO, NM and OK)
Between now and March 31, registration is $175, between April 1st and June 30, $200 and after July 1st, $250. It is important to note that all but $50 dollars of your registration amount is tax-deductible with the remaining funds going to Livestrong.
Your registration includes the following:
- 2 nights of lodging at Camp Billy Joe.
- Pre and post ride meals on the day of the ride, September 21st.
- Post-ride entertainment featuring The Dizzy Pickers
- Limited edition T-Shirt for the full 5 line riders, with all riders receiving a T-Shirt.
- Gift bag
- Hot Showers
- Sag support and fully stocked water/nutrition stations.
- Rider protection provided by ICE.events
Full details about the ride can be found at http://lukes5line.com.
I really think this is a unique riding experience is an area of Oklahoma few of us ever get to ride in given the lack of towns and people in that neck-of-the-woods. I personally can’t wait to ride in it this year (I didn’t have time last) and I hope this ride really starts to take off!